Anyway, somewhere around the first week of November I received my first box of Livbox which is basically like any other beauty box but in Finland. One box costs 15,90€.
That is basically what the box looks like when you receive it and open it. I love that it always has a different colour theme every month and the ribbon is so cute! The introduction's headline says "Shine, like a Hollywood star!". This time the theme was Stars of Hollywood/party season and I think that gold goes perfectly with it.
Now onto the actual products!
First impressions:
- Ibero false lashes (7,90€) - These lashes look amazing for everyday use because they're super long but very thin. If you put some volumizing mascara on top they'd be great for a night out too!
- Bernard Cassiere Bilberry Overnight Cream-Mask 15ml sample (48€/50ml) - This can be used as a cream or a mask (as you probably noticed from the name) and it smells very fresh. I haven't yet tried this cream/mask but I'm very excited to do so when I'm having my next pamper evening.
- Bangerhead BangerTweezer (8,80€) - These tweezers are the best ones I've ever had! When I saw them in the box I immediately (after taking the photos of course) opened the package and tried them. They're very sharp and you can get a great grip of the hair you want to remove.
- Marvis Cinnamon Mint toothpaste 10ml sample (4,55€/25ml) - This toothpaste definitely smells like cinnamon and the description says "Marvis is a brave and modern version of the original toothpaste." "It doesn't contain any fluorine.". I'm not sure why the fact that it doesn't contain any fluorine is a good thing... I'm feeling a bit skeptical with this product but I'm still going to try it soon.
- Lumene Natural Code Candy Smile Gloss Stick in 1 Cotton Candy (9,90€) - The Candy Smile gloss stick is basically Lumene's version of the Rimmel Colour Rush or the Revlon Colorburst (or any other product like that). I never know what to call these types of lip colours but I think that they are definitely more like lipsticks than lip glosses at least pigmentwise so I tend to call them lipstick pens or then just go with whatever the brand has chosen to name them. This Lumene one is a bubblegum/cotton candy pink and the "pen" is a bit smaller than Rimmel's or Revlon's. It has no scent to it whatsoever.
What's your opinion on beauty boxes (or any other boxes that are out there)? Are you subscribed to any?


looks good. great post oh btw Check out my blog i have a fab giveaway up!
ReplyDeletewww.bumascloset.com
I haven't subscribed to any beauty box yet. Those flase lashes look really natural indeed!
ReplyDeleteAlexandra
Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog
I think it's a really cool idea to have the theme match the products, maybe they should have included a red lipstick instead :) I haven't joined up to any as I don't really want to accumulate a lot of samples, I find it easier to buy what I need :) xx
ReplyDeleteVelvet Blush
Thank you lovely :)x
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with you on the lipstick. I think the monthly beauty boxes are a great way to get to know different brands and finding new favourites! I do agree that some of the products go to waste :)x
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of them! Maybe you should try one when 2015 starts :)x
ReplyDelete